Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

Well, since this is the day of love---I thought I'd share our love story! Some of you already know how Jeff and I met, but you'll just have to suffer through this story (sorry). Jeff and I originally met back in 2001 when we both lived in Ogden. He lived with some guys that I worked with. I never actually talked to Jeff, but we were in the same singles ward for a short period of time and we'd say "Hi" to each other. He soon moved down to Provo to go to UVSC. We met again on Valentine's Day 2003. A bunch of single people in my singles ward got together to have dinner at Maddox. A friend of Jeff's from my ward invited him (since Jeff was also single). Jeff and I sat by each other. I couldn't remember his name, but I knew that I'd met him before. He remembered my name (which made me feel bad that I didn't remember his, but also made me feel good that I was so memorable--hee hee). So, we ate by each other and did a little flirting. I thought he'd ask for my number before he left, but he didn't. A couple weeks later I got a call from him. When he said it was Jeff, I didn't remember him. Then he said it was Jeff Bean, but I still didn't remember him. He had to remind me of Valentine's Day at Maddox. I then, of course, remembered him. He obviously couldn't stop thinking about me during those two weeks and so he tracked down my number (this again made me feel good that I was so memorable---haa!).
For that first date we went snowboarding and to a play. We continued going out pretty much every weekend. He ended up moving his job up to Layton so we could be closer. We dated for a year and got engaged Feb. 15, 2004 (the day after Valentine's Day). I told him that he could NOT propose to me on Valentine's Day. I didn't want it to be predictable at all. I like surprises ---and I was surprised (thanks honey!).
We married in the Logan Temple July 2nd, 2004. And we (plus Benson and another on the way) are living happily ever after!

I love you Jeff! Thanks for being such a wonderful husband and daddy!

11 comments:

The Hunzikers said...

That was a fun story! I didn't ever know your story. I also didn't realize you got married the same month and year we did! You guys are adorable--you look gorgeous in all your pictures!

meyerstwins.blogspot.com said...

That was so fun to hear! You guys are a cute couple. And how fun that you were engaged on this day. Congrats!

Lindsey said...

Happy engagement day!!! I loved reading/hearing your story and seeing your pictures again. Hmm, your wedding headband looks familiar. Oh, yeah, I wore the same one at my wedding (wink, wink and thanks by the way). :)

jonna said...

i love seeing old pics! cute story!

Clarke and Kamie said...

what a fun story--
I didn't know you were a school teacher! Teachers are da bomb (I taught Kindergarten!).

The Birds said...

I loved your sweet story! You look so gorgeous in all your pictures! Congrats on number two!

Niki said...

Is it a Florida thing to call girls without asking for their number? Brian did that too!

Anonymous said...

Carrie,

That is a cute story. I should have done something like that, but I didn't. Maybe next year. By the way...thanks for the delicious Valentine cookies. We (I) loved them (all). You rock.

Lacey said...

How funny! That's how it should be! The man should chase you down! Thanks for sharing that cute story!

Sarie said...

I love your story! I love that he proposed to you the day after V day. Makes sense I guess.

Kia Kamauu said...

The story was cute but I had a hard time concentrating because Jeff looked so hot and sexy in those pictures.