Tuesday, March 18, 2008


Owen Gunther Bean arrived this morning (Tuesday, March 18th) at 7:48 am. Weighing in at 7lbs 2oz and 19 inches long he has a full head of hair. Mother and baby are both doing awesome. But everyone is tired. Benson's reaction was ................. well, this picture says it all. Actually this lasted for about a minute and then all he wanted to do was run around the room and pull on cords. So he and Dad went to Toys R Us to play while Grandma Gunther got to spend some quality time with Owen and Mom. We are very grateful to have Grandma live close enough to take Benson for a few days while Carrie and I get use to the new babe. We are so blessed to be the parents of such a beautiful child.Well there is probably more to be said, but I'm just a guy following his wife's instructions. So hopefully I did Carrie proud with my first attempt at a post on our blog. Thanks to everyone for their willingness to help. Goodnight for now.

18 comments:

Becca said...

He's a doll. What great pictures at a day old! We can't wait to see him and we're glad Carrie and Owen are doing well.

Trish said...

Congrats Carrie! He is adorable!!

Lindsey said...

He is so cuuuuuuute!!! Congratulations you two. You do good work. :P

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new addition... he is beautiful!

eileen said...

congratulations! what a graet little family you are. you guys sure do make good looking kids.
hugs and kisses to baby owen. can't wait to see more pictures :)
best of luck with everything.

Sarie said...

What a gorgeous baby! Congratulations!!!

~Nikki said...

WOWZAHS!!!

Carrie - what a DARLING BEBE!! Can't wait to come cuddle him up!!! CONGRATS!!!

xoxoxo

Amy said...

You two know how to make the cutest babies in the world! He is a picture of perfection. I was going to really try hard not to be irreverent in church anymore, but with 2 Bean babies around, How Can I Resist!!!?

Jeff, way to go on your first blog! Your pictures look great too.

Melissa said...

He is SO adorable you guys! You are the cutest family ever!! Glad everyone is doing well!

The Hunzikers said...

Congratulations!!!! He is adorable!!! I love the pictures with Owen and Benson!

Diana said...

Oh, he's so cute. Congratulations you guys.

Niki said...

Congrats from the Hyers! Carrie-just give us a call if you want to vent about post partum stuff. SO much fun! He's a cutie.

Clarke and Kamie said...

ooooh what a handsome little devil! congrats! have lots of fun with him!

The Birds said...

Congrats, he is beautiful!

Krista said...

Hey guys!

It was so great to see you and visit for a little while last night. Owen is even more adorable in person! Can't wait to see you again and hang out more. Love ya,

Krista

Lacey said...

What a handsome little bugger!! I can't wait to see him in person. Wow! I'm sure it's a big change to two kids. I hope the deliver went better than last time! Congrats!

meyerstwins.blogspot.com said...

Congrats!! it is so exciting. He's so cute!! Good luck!

Fran said...

Congratulations!! Owen is so handsome! I love his name too.