Thursday, March 27, 2008

Welcome Home Owen

Our New Family


Here's a video of the first time Benson saw (and held) Owen. Benson's obviously not very thrilled. (Press pause on the music player to the left)




Welcome Home Owen


Here are some pictures of Benson when he was born and Owen, so we can see the similarities and differences in them.

The Crying Babies

Benson

Owen


HMMM....Think, Think, Think

Benson

Owen




Strike a Pose

Benson


Owen



First Bath at Home....
Owen didn't really like it---of course.


But he didn't mind getting his hair washed.

Oh, so relaxing!




Wonderful Grandma Gunther!
Grandma Gunther kept Benson at her house while we were in the hospital (for 4 days). And now she is staying at our house to help me take care of Benson and Owen. She's a lifesaver! What would I do without her? We're going to miss her when she leaves tomorrow.






Poor, poor Benson.
Benson has a cold so he hasn't been able to hold Owen---which is driving him crazy. Benson also likes to get in everything he shouldn't---like Owen's Moses basket and his bouncer. Poor guy---all he hears is "Benson don't do that"----or "Benson get out of there." He is getting better. Hopefully he'll get over his cold soon and hopefully Owen won't get it.



Benson was sharing his toys with Owen (you can see the ball right by Owen's head). Benson then decided he'd play catch with his little brother and threw one right at him. Luckily, it didn't hurt. Benson had to go right to time-out. When time-out was over Benson went up to Owen to give him a hug and say sorry. I shouldn't have let him, since he's sick, but it was too cute. How sweet is that!



Here's a video of Owen with the hiccups.




Thanks for checking out this long blog. I've been trying to do it for the last week, but each day passes so quickly and I never get it done.
You are all welcome to come and visit. Owen would love to meet you.

14 comments:

Gallant Family said...

Oh, so fun! I can't wait to see you guys again in a couple of weeks. So...after the hiccup video, did Benson get sent to time out? ;) Love you!!!

Diana said...

Oh my gosh he is so cute Carrie. I love the comparison pictures, I should do that with my girls, except I'm pretty sure they look nothing alike. Congrats again!

Laura T said...

I can't wait to meet Owen in person! The comparison pictures are perfect- they're definitely already acting like brothers, aren't they? Congratulations, and I'm glad you're both doing so well!

Melissa said...

I am so glad I got to hold him the other day! Thank you for sharing. I couldn't help but think of my sweet baby Drake and what he was up to even though he almost a year. I still think of him in my mind as a newborn since that was all the precious time I got to have with him. Owen is the first baby I have held since I lost Drake. So really, thank you for sharing. I needed that and I didn't even know it. You guys are amazing!

Clarke and Kamie said...

oh the video of Benson holding Owen for the first time is hilarious!!! They will both get a kick out of watching that when they are older:)
Owen is such a little sweetie! They grow so fast!

Krista said...

I love seeing these pictures! I love the video of Benson holding Owen! His face is so adorable and he's so unsure of what he's holding. My favorite part of that video though is the man voice in the background suggesting Jeff video the boys together. HAHAH. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Such a Handsome little guy, and the video of Benson is so precious. I know all to well that guilty feeling with sick older sibs. Hope you all stay feeling well and Benson gets well quickly.

Amy said...

Way cute Carrie! My heart broke a little for Benson in the video. I just wanted to hold him and love him. It reminded me of when Bry had to get used to Mylee. These pictures are SOOO cute. I can't believe all the pictures you have where they are posing the same!! They look alot alike!

Love,
Amy

Lindsey said...

Your boys are darling!!! You can definitely tell they are brothers. Shelby and I are thinking of coming Monday. I hope that works for you. I'll give you a call and set up more formally. I can't wait to see you and hold Owen. He's so cute.

P.S. I love how on the video you give Jeff a credit card. LOL!!! I laughed so hard. Grant, my family, and I do it to each other all the time. I love finding a friend who shares our sense of humor.

destiny said...

Carrie,

Remember me? I am so happy to see your great looking family! I love the comparisons between your boys! There is no doubt that they are brothers! I have a blog but it's on private mode, have dana send me your email and then I can invite you! I have 2 girls, I'm sure Dana has told you that. Good luck with the adjustment from one kid to two! They will be best friends in a year! Then you will get a break!

~Destiny

Becca said...

Benson is so dang cute in the first video. I loved how he sheepishly looked down at Owen like "Who is this kid?"

Being a mom of 2 is fun but really, I just want to say Good Luck!!! :)

Sarie said...

This makes me SO EXCITED for June when my little girl is born! He is gorgeous, Carrie, have fun adjusting to two! It's not as hard as people say, but good luck just the same! Lots of love.

meyerstwins.blogspot.com said...

Sooo sweet! Good luck!

~Nikki said...

HOW ADORABLE are these pics and comparisons!?? ; ) You're such a darling mommy to take these pics!