I've been trying my best to be a better mom lately...so I've been playing some educational games with Benson while Owen is taking his morning nap. I did this before, but I didn't make an effort to do it everyday. For Christmas Benson got a game called Roll & Play from Grandma & Grandpa Gunther. It helps him learn his colors and follow simple directions. One time he rolled red, and the card told him to find something yellow. I showed him the card and reminded him what the color yellow looks like. He got really excited and ran out of the room. We were playing upstairs in his room and I could hear him running down the stairs. I figured he must have something yellow in mind and knew exactly what he wanted. A minute later he came up the stairs with a yellow banana. I laughed so hard...because the girl on the card was holding a yellow banana. Benson then had a snack. 
Here's Owen with his Nap Hair aka Bed Head.

These are from a couple months ago, but I just wanted to show them. Benson actually likes to eat vegetables. We have a hard time getting him to eat the main course, but he'll eat his veggies.
Funny guy.

He especially likes his veggies when he can dip them in yummy veggie dip.

He's actually dipping his finger in the dip. Oh well, as long as he gets some calories...this guy is skinny.

Benson doesn't like to take naps or go to bed at night. On a few occasions I've just let him play in the loft until he falls asleep. This is really how it looked when I went up to move him to his bed.

Here's Owen with his Nap Hair aka Bed Head.


These are from a couple months ago, but I just wanted to show them. Benson actually likes to eat vegetables. We have a hard time getting him to eat the main course, but he'll eat his veggies.
Funny guy.

He especially likes his veggies when he can dip them in yummy veggie dip.

He's actually dipping his finger in the dip. Oh well, as long as he gets some calories...this guy is skinny.


Benson doesn't like to take naps or go to bed at night. On a few occasions I've just let him play in the loft until he falls asleep. This is really how it looked when I went up to move him to his bed.











10 comments:
Ahh, the boys are so cute. I think Owen has pretty stylish "bed head."
I need to be better at teaching Laney and doing more educational things as well. Thanks for the reminder!
Oh Carrie, I love you guys. I was laughing so hard when I read the story about Beson and the color game! I can't wait to see you this weekend.
Oh the joys of nap time!
Garrett is a veggie eater too. He also loves fruit. That is usually what he goes for in the fridge when he is finding his own food. Luckily he can't get in the pantry where the junk food is.
I love your pictures! :) I need some tips for the vegetable thing. I have one that likes veggies and that is it! Good for you on the educational games! I feel like such a bad mom most of the time. I need to do better!! Thanks for the ideas! :)
What a fun game... I am going to check it out! Those boys are so dang cute! Good work.
Aww I love the last pic of Benson :) and Owen'sbed head is great ;) They are so cute. You are such a super mommy - good for you on the games and all the other fun things you do for your family. again -miss you all :(
Carrie - your boys are so handsome! And getting so old! Thanks for the sweet comments on my blog. Yes we are DYING to know what we are having, and will probably find out sometime next month. Can't wait!
I haven't been on my blog for a while, sorry it's taken me so long to comment! I find Jonas asleep with his animals like that sometimes. It's pretty funny. You are so good to play games with Benson. I bet he just loves it. It was good to see you guys. Hopefully next time we come we'll get to spend more time together. See you soon. Love you!
good for your mommy/teacher!
Post a Comment