Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas Decorations

I love decorating for Christmas...especially the outside of my house. I took pictures of everything with and without the flash.
I think it looks better withou
t, but I decided to put both up so you could see it all.{The whole house}

{The Merry Christmas sign}

{The polar bears and trees}

{The front door}



On Saturday my mom, my sisters, and I got together for one of our Christmas traditions. We make goodies.
Here's what my sister Jena made.
A delicious Candy Cane Cupcake. I'm not a big peppermint fan, but it's so good! And the cute little 'Day's till Christmas' Santa is a gift from my mom. Hallmark is her favorite store and I love that she buys us cute stuff from there.

11 comments:

R Cadina said...

Mmmmmmm.....Yummy!!! Just crushed perpermint on top of cupcakes? I'll have to try that! :0) So...I love Dana! She's so awesome for helping get my blog started. And now I'm totally hooked! hehehe I LOVE your backgrounds by the way.
So, I'm thinking that maybe we could work in a night out sometime over the holidays. We'll be down there and you'll be up here at some point I'm sure...we'll have to figure something out. :0)

karen louise said...

Yummy! The treats look so good! I love peppermint :) I can't believe how awesome your lights are! I want to drive by your house at night just to see them! Where do you live? American Fork still?

The Barbers said...

Carrie, your light are so awesome! I didn't know you had it in you. Our treats turned out so good though didn't they?

Hyde Family said...

Your house looks so cute. Did you do it yourself....very impressive? I need you to come to my house next. I love how you decorated it!!

Kelsey Kamauu said...

CARRIE!!! - so I have been meaning to call you back since my phone cut out on you like what a week ago...:) LOVE the lights wish I could see them in person oh and wish I could eat all your yummy treats too! ha ha you know me eating all the goodies. Mele Kalikimaka! As soon as we get our "hawaiian tree" decorated I will post pics - pretty fun! - miss you beans!

Lindsey said...

Your house looks fantastic!!! Aren't family traditions the best?

Becca said...

Those are some serious lights!! And to think Jeff use to complain when my mom would ask him to put ours up as kids. Actually, maybe it was the taking down part he hated ;)

Maybe we'll be lucky and see you guys at Christmas time!

jonna said...

wow, you guys go all out. I can't even find the desire to put up decor in the house. I am horrible, i know!

Mindy said...

That is awesome! My kids would die! I am so lazy and can't bring myself to do it for such a short time. I wonder when I got so lazy.....hmmmm....sad, I know. :) And yes, the loofa was from a madrigal gift. Ha ha :)

Melissa said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Decorating a house for Christmas is one of the BEST parts. Taking it all down on the other hand-----

(ps i am going to let Jaxon;s hair grow until it drives me crazy!)

Gallant Family said...

Those look so awesome. I am sad I couldn't come down to do the treats :0( I hope you guys will have some left when I come down on the 24th. LOVE YOU and we'll see you soon.